Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Another dish for dinner. Since it is just a week away prior deprature to india for ma housemate, am cooking all the paneer dishes he fancies a lot. In this process, am learning how to cook new dishes and also master the ones I knew already.
200 gms Paneer
1 tbsp Oil
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
2 Green Chillies
1 Small Onion
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 medium Tomato
1/2 tsp Salt
* Chop the onions, tomatoes and chillies finely.
* Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan, add the cumin seeds, chopped onions and the ginger garlic paste, fry till brown.
* Add the chillies and tomatoes and fry till they are soft and pulpy.
* Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and little water so that all the masalas are well combined.
* Add grated paneer and fry for 5 minutes till the paneer blends into the masala.
* Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.